I think we all wish that we naturally had lovely, luscious locks similar to the likes of Jennifer Lawrence and Alicia Silverstone in Clueless (she’s just perfection, isn’t she)?
Unfortunately, not all of us are quite as naturally blessed. In fact, I’ll go as far as to say they probably aren’t either! They just know these 6 secret ingredients to thick, beautifully flawless hair:
- Eggs - This may seem like an obvious one because eggs are known to be super high in protein, but you’d be surprised how many people don’t take advantage of its amazing powers to strengthen and thicken hair! Doing this once or twice a week will get you onto the path to perfection.
To use an egg treatment most effectively combine oil and water:
- mix egg yolks, 1 tablespoon (tbsp) olive oil, and 2 tbsp of water
- apply the mixture to the scalp and dry hair
- leave for 15 minutes
- rinse out with warm water and a mild shampoo
- Avocados - If you love Alicia Silverstone’s golden locks and hate avocados (shame on you) then I’ve got some bad news. They’re super-rich in Vitamin E and healthy fats which contribute to that gorgeous, shiny glow that you strive for. Don’t worry, for those of you who aren’t such great avocado fans, below is the recipe to make your very own avocado rub.
To make an avocado rub:
- combine the fruit of 1 avocado with 1 tbsp olive oil
- apply the mixture to hair and scalp
- let it sit for about 30 minutes
- rinse thoroughly with a mild shampoo
- Don’t Over Wash. Whatever you do, please refrain from this one. For some BIZARRE reason, many women seem to be fixated on washing their hair daily. This is totally unnecessary (unless you have naturally oily, thin hair). While not washing your hair enough can be really gross, washing it too often can strip your hair from natural oils and leave it super dry. Not only this, most shampoos and conditioners can be quite pricey, so why waste?
- Olive Oil. I think the question here is, what DOESN’T Olive oil do? It’s rich in omega3 acids and other nutrients that work WONDERS for your locks. When applied directly to the scalp and hair, olive oil helps promote that thicker hair you’ve been longing for. And as an added bonus, Olive oil has the added benefit of softening the hair and relieving dry scalp.
To use olive oil:
- heat the oil to body temperature
- massage the warm oil into the scalp and hair
- leave-in hair for about 30 to 45 minutes
- rinse out the olive oil with mild shampoo
Some people add honey to the olive oil and others suggest leaving the olive oil on overnight using a shower cap to cover the hair.
- Collagen. Collagen truly is God’s gift for a youthful, dewy glow for both hair, skin and nails. Collagen is rich in amino acids that your body needs to build keratin, the protein that makes up the hair. Since collagen protects the layer of skin that contains hair roots, it may also help prevent age-related hair loss and thinning. These are just some of the positive effects that collagen has on the body. You can take it either in capsule form or powder which is available at most pharmacies. It is also found naturally in some of the foods we eat. Lastly, bone broth is a really effective way to get more collagen, and it is a tried and tested regime by many celebrities (it may sound a bit gross but beauty is a pain).
- And I’ve saved the best for last. When you do wash your hair, you need to make sure you are using a quality product with all the right ingredients. While eating a good diet rich in protein and omega will certainly help your hair healthier in the long term, a really good hair product should contain at least some of the above-mentioned ingredients in order to make a noticeable change in the appearance of your hair. A really good product should contain proteins to build your hair and reduce breakages (Keratin amino acids), as well as certain oils to moisturize and nourish the hair (almond oil, olive oil).
So you may be asking, “Which hair products DO contain these vital ingredients?” Mane n’ Tail Herbal Grow Shampoo and Conditioner could be the answer, and has the following amazing benefits:
- Herbal Gro Shampoo is gentle cleaning, leaving hair shiny, silky and healthy-looking.
- A protein formula which is micro-enriched and is designed to prevent breakage, frizz, and split ends, leaving the hair longer and stronger.
- Herbal Gro Shampoo is safe for use on permed, coloured or chemically treated hair.
- Moisturizes and conditions.
- Formulated with natural herbs and olive oil complex; nourishes strengthens and fortifies from root to tip.
If the above sounds more appealing to you than rubbing avocado on your scalp and drinking bone broth, then why not check out our product to learn more about the amazing benefits of Mane n’ Tail. We’re so confident in our product that we have a no questions asked 30-day money-back guarantee should you not be satisfied (WITHOUT returning the product).